All-Inclusive | Private Multi-Day Tour
Private Escapes are available on request for any size group
6 Days, 5 Nights | Price by Request
Featured in National Geographic Traveler Top 50 Tours of a Lifetime, this all-inclusive and one-of-a-kind journey is the perfect combination of luxury and ruggedness. One of the only trips of its kind in Cascadia, you will not only experience the back country of the Olympic World Heritage Center, you will have the pleasure of authentic and refined lodging, fine spirits and foods traditional to the area, and shops and stops that encompass the culture at the heart of the Olympic Peninsula. On the trail, you will be led by one of KAF Adventures’ professional mountain guides through the famous “Quinault River Drainage” route from Quinault to Dosewallips. This carefully crafted trip, offering both cultural and wilderness enrichment, is the journey of a lifetime.
We’ve partnered with KAF Adventures to showcase our acclaimed front country touring experiences with exclusive access to the rarely visited back country of the Olympic National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Center, that few ever see. Our Escape Artist Naturalist Guides will combine their expert natural history knowledge with unique lodging experiences, gourmet fare with a regional flair, and local brew and wines both before and after your journey through the majesty and wonder of the Olympics.
- Experience in depth the Olympic Peninsula and the Olympic World Heritage Center
- Welcome Reception at Port Ludlow Resort
- Panoramic views from Hurricane Ridge
- Native Art Gallery to witness the indigenous art of woodcarving
- Kalaloch Beach, Rialto Beach and Ruby Beach
- Town of Forks – mystical town featured in the famous “Twilight” Series by Stephanie Meyer
- Lake Quinault and Lake Crescent
- Hoh Rainforest
- Hood Canal and Tacoma Narrows Bridge
- 3-days, 2-nights backpacking experience through towering old growth rainforest with KAF Adventures
- Learn technical backpacking skills, ecology of the Pacific Northwest, and environmental ethics (LNT)
- 6 to 10 miles per day backpacking on moderate terrain through the Quinault Drainage and the Dosewallips drainage.
- Celebratory dinner and stay at Alderbrook Resort & Spa
You will start your tour off at Seattle’s REI flag ship store.
The biggest outdoor retailer on the west coast, REI will be the place we perform our gear check and orientation for the backpacking section of the tour. Next, we’ll head to the ferry, a quintessential Northwest experience. Aboard the ferry, enjoy crisp ocean air and magnificent views of the Puget Sound and Olympic Mountains. Once back ashore, we will embark on a scenic drive to Port Ludlow and share a magnificent dinner and a cozy stay at the beautiful Port Ludlow Resort.
During day 2, we will visit Sequim, the Native Art Galleries and Port Angeles for shops and tea – then we’re on our way to majestic Hurricane Ridge Road.
Here we get a glimpse of the 922,626 acres [373,120 hectares] that comprise Olympic World Heritage Center. The paved road winds up over 5,000 feet [1,524 meters] to Hurricane Ridge, a justifiably popular mountain citadel that puts visitors at the edge of the parks exceptionally jagged peaks. From the meadows at the summit, visitors get a superb 360-degree view that embraces the surrounding mountains, the strait, the San Juan Islands, a chunk of mainland Washington, and even a fair bit of British Columbia!
Further on, our drive takes us through the beautiful Elwha Valley and along the rushing Elwha River. Then, all of a sudden, you’ll feel that you’ve been transported into fjord land when the glacial carved, crystal clear, 12-mile long Lake Crescent appears.
Next, we travel through old growth forests, meadows and farmland as we make our way to the famed Hoh Rain Forest, the not-to-be-missed attraction here on the Olympic Peninsula. Moist ocean air from the Pacific brings over 150″ (record of 211″) of annual rainfall to this area, which, along with presence of Sitka Spruce and “colonnades” (row of trees that grew atop downed trees called “nurse logs”), qualify the west-facing valleys of the Olympics as the only temperate rain forests in the northern hemisphere!
We venture off to one of the few drive-to beaches in the area, a beautiful spot to enjoy the surf and watch shorebirds, eagles and seals. First Beach is a mile-long crescent known for surfing-size waves and occasional whale spotting. Time permitting, we will take a walk to Second Beach, popular with photographers and reached by way of a .6 mile forested trail that leads to a stunningly beautiful 2 mile long sandy stretch of beach with sea stacks and tidal pools. Along the way we often spot eagle’s nests above the tree-line. After a long day, you’ll enjoy an evening dinner and a cozy stay at the famous Quinault Lodge in the southern portion of the park.
During the next 3-day back country portion you will learn backpacking skills with the best backpacking guides in the Pacific Northwest, KAF Adventures!
While backpacking through the BEST scenery in the Olympic National Park, you will learn camping and navigation skills, how to travel and camp in the back country, wilderness ethics and ecology through experience. You will also walk through a landscape of moss covered trees and large ferns, to stunning waterfalls hidden in the mountainside. If the season is right, we will be admiring the brilliant wildflowers that throng the meadows.
We will be watching for wildlife, too: Olympic marmots, Roosevelt elk, and black-tailed deer often show up, even black bears are fairly common. Situated among steep cliffs, peaks and dense rain forest, this back country trail is truly a hidden treasure of the Olympics reached by very few.
After a breathtaking 3-day backpack, we will finish the trek on the drier side of the park.
From here, we’ll follow the curved shoreline of Hood Canal, which offers spectacular scenery and the chance to enjoy the beauty of the region while cruising along U.S. Highway 101. This scenic roadway hugs the edge of the deep-water fjord where Orcas occasionally visit and giant octopus sleep deep beneath the surface.
We’ll have time to enjoy a short beach walk to provide you with up-close insight into the world of sea cucumbers, sea anemones, giant Pacific octopuses and sea slugs. And this great trip is culminated by a celebratory dinner at the famous Alderbrook Resort & Spa. Here we will have the opportunity to enjoy reflective time with your new found friends and family over a bonfire looking back into the glacial fed park.Plan Your Trip
Please call or email for a tailor made version of this incredible adventure
DAY 1 – Seattle to Port Ludlow (AT, D)
- Gear check and departure
- Washington State ferry to Bainbridge Island
- Scenic drive to Port Ludlow
- Welcome reception
- Dinner at Ajax Cafe in Port Hadlock
- Stay |The Resort at Port Ludlow, Port Ludlow
DAY 2 – Hurricane Ridge to Ruby Beach (MT, L, AT, D)
- Tribal Art Gallery, wood carving and Totem Poles
- Visit scenic Lake Crescent
- Walk and explore Hurricane Ridge
- Beach combing on Ruby Beach
- Cascadian Safari Lunch
- Dinner overlooking Lake Quinault
- Stay | Lake Quinault Lodge, Olympic Peninsula
DAY 3 – Backpacking Into the Back Country (B, L, D)
- Hoh Rainforest hiking
- Wildlife spotting
- Stay | Camping at O’Neal Creek or Pyrites Creek
DAY 4 – Back Country Wonder (B, L, D)
- Trekking in Hoh Rainforest and in the Olympic mountains
- Trek to Honeymoon Meadows or Diamond Meadows
- Stay | Camping at Honeymoon Meadows
DAY 5 – Back Country to Hood Canal (B, L, D)
- Finish trekking in the Dosewallips drainage
- Scenic transfer to Hood Canal
- Celebratory dinner at Alderbrook Resort
- Stay | Alderbrook Resort & Spa, Hood Canal
DAY 6 – Hood Canal to Seattle (B)
- Hood Canal sightseeing
- Scenic transfer to Seattle for your departure home
(MT) Morning tea, coffee and pastries
(L) Cascadian Safari Lunch
(AT) Afternoon tea, beverages and snacks
Please call or email for a tailor made version of this incredible adventure
- Transportation to and from downtown Seattle
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes Vans and luxury SUVs
- Highly qualified Escape Artist naturalist backpacking guide
- Overnight accommodations as described
- Morning tea & pastries
- Afternoon snacks & refreshments
- Cascadian Safari Lunch as described
- Dinners as described
- Local wine & craft brew
- All entry, tasting and/or park fees
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary and storytelling
Plan Your Trip
Please call or email if you would prefer a tailor made version of this incredible adventure on different dates
Local Seattle | 206-650-5795
Toll Free | 866-203-7603
EverGreen Escapes is Cascadia’s premier sustainable adventure travel company based in Seattle and Portland. Providing private and small group naturalist-led adventures in bio-fueled Mercedes vans. Specializing in crafting upscale and authentic nature, epicurean and education based experiences for the responsible, curious and discerning traveler.
KAF Adventures is a dedicated community of professional outdoor recreation guides who love educating and developing other outdoor enthusiasts into confident wilderness travelers. With guidance and education, beginners are transformed into experts with the ability to join our community on amazing excursions to international climbing destinations like Thailand, Mexico and Africa. KAF is also passionate about providing a space for quiet reflection and personal growth. Through our yoga and backpacking day and overnight trips, our community is able to step away from the chaos of modern life to be reunited with the wonder and beauty of the natural world.
- Front country – there is room for each guest to bring a small bag that will not go into the back country with you. Dress like a local and wear light, breathable clothing, but (just like a local) bring a sweater or light jacket with you at all times. Wear comfortable walking shoes too. All hotels and restaurants on the Peninsula accept casual, comfortable clothing. Don’t forget swimwear for the spa!
- Back Country – While KAF will provide the group gear and tents, you will be responsible for bringing your personal camping equipment. Download this packing list by KAF Adventures.
- If you need additional gear, we suggest Arc’teryx for purchasing clothing or equipment or KAF Adventures for renting equipment, and REI for purchasing equipment.
- If you need boots, we suggest buying them in advance, so that you may wear them and break them in before the trip.
2. What is the climate like?
- The Northwest is gorgeous in the summer and can be very warm and dry (typically upper 60′s to lower 80′s in Seattle,) but cool breezes can make warm-blooded visitors chilly quickly. In August it is typically pleasantly warm up in the mountains (in the upper 50’s to lower 70’s). However, the weather can change very rapidly at high elevations and is unpredictable, so no matter how sunny and warm it may be, we always advise you to bring warm layers. The weather at this time of year is typically beautiful on the coast. It will occasionally rain, but for the most part the sun is shining daily and the only concern is the wind chill. However, please always be prepared for rainy weather and for cool winds.
3. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- This escape requires a reasonable level of fitness for moderate hiking. If you are interested in a different level, we can certainly put together a private itinerary specifically for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any specific questions!
4. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests, we can accommodate vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diets, and often times can also accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
5. What is your CHANGES/CANCELLATION policy?
- Please see our Terms & Conditions.
6. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from EverGreen Escapes.
We know our destinations, but we don’t know you! Even if you’ve been inspired by one of our multi-day tours, we’ll need to know your hotel preferences, activity level, travel style, etc. to craft you the perfect Northwest travel experience and address logistical concerns such as the cost!
The more you share, the better we can source our knowledge, enthusiasm and personal connections to design an Escape Plan personalized to your interests and passions. An expert Escape Artist will contact you shortly to answer any questions you may have and start planning your trip!
Thank you for Experiencing Cascadia with Evergreen Escapes!