All-Inclusive | Small Group Tour
Our escapes seat a max of 10 | Private tours are available, please contact us to book
Fri, Sat, Sun | 2:00pm – 7:00pm | December 12 – 28 Only* | $95 Per Person
This December join Evergreen Escapes for a fun and festive tour of the best Seattle Christmas lights and neighborhood breweries. Treat your taste buds to the spices of the season, hopped up with holiday spirit at several local breweries. Then explore the dazzling displays of Christmas lights brightening up Seattle’s holiday spirit in a luxury Mercedes Sprinter with an expert guide at the wheel.
*No tour on Christmas, December 25, 2015
- Beer Tasting
- Seattle Christmas Lights & Scenic Views
Grab a group of friends or coworkers for a holiday party on wheels! You’ll visit three distinctly different breweries to taste the taps and learn about the brewing process. Get a behind the scenes tour of beer making in action and hear the stories behind the brews. In addition to lagers and ales, compare seasonal holiday brews, which tout the flavors of the season. In between breweries, travel in luxurious Mercedes Sprinters through a winter wonderland of Seattle Christmas lights and festive neighborhoods that take holiday spirit to the extreme.
Optional Private Brewmaster’s Dinner
Make this a private party or corporate holiday outing! Step inside the brewery at Schooner Exact for a brewer’s dinner including a four or five-course seasonal dinner with beer pairings, a brewery tour, and discussions with the Schooner Exact Brewer and Chef.
Call or email to see how you can book a Brews & Bulbs Tour with a private Brewmaster’s dinner.
- Dates: Dec. 12 – 28, 2014
- Departs: Fri, Sat, Sun, 2:00pm
- Returns: 7:00pm
- Pick-up and drop-off: Downtown Seattle Hotels, Cruise Terminal or downtown Arc’teryx retail store (400 Pike St.)
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes Vans or luxury SUVs
- All-Inclusive Rate: $95 + tax
- Includes: Transportation, all tasting fees, canapes, expert interpretation, behind the scenes brewery tour
- Age Restriction: 21+
We start in downtown Seattle and head south to start tasting! Some breweries we might visit include:
- Schooner Exact Brewing Company | a small brewery in the SoDo industrial district that takes its Seattle roots seriously. The brewery is named after the vessel that carried the Denny party to Alki Point in late 1851. Despite its historical affiliations, Schooner isn’t stuck in the past. Its inventive and flavorful beers include hop-forward IPAs, bold sours, and an aptly named Hoppy Holidays winter ale!
- Elliott Bay Brewpub | a neighborhood brewpub and brewery operating since 1997 and now home to 12 organically-certified beers! The brewery produces quite the variety of beers, including Pale Ales, IPAs, Belgians, Wheats, Stouts, Seasonals, and Cask Conditioned Beers. The brewery is also a leader in environmental stewardship, serving organic tea and coffee, composting food waste, recycling fry oil into biodiesel, and reusing spent grain from the brewing process as an ingredient in its hamburger buns!
- Two Beers Brewing Co. | garnering its name and philosophy from the motto that “life’s more honest after two beers”, Two Beers brews more than 20 selections to get you speaking the truth. The brewery has grown considerably from its humble 2007 beginnings in a 170 square-ft. space with just two burners. It now boasts a spacious tasting room called “The Woods”, complete with shuffle board and taps like the Cold Brew Coffee Brown Ale and flagship EVO IPA.
- Big Al Brewing | a brewery located in White Center, in a self-described “suburban rec-room” setting. Big Al’s year-round Rat City Blonde is a defiant nod to the city’s nickname, derived during World War II when the city was a Reserve Army Training Center and Restricted Alcohol Territory for servicemen. Along with its standby beers, the brewery has rotational taps such as a Winter Warmer with toffee and milk chocolate notes and Wild Ales that use wild yeast and bacteria to produce complex, funky flavors.
**Many of these small local breweries have limited hours of operation therefore breweries visited on your specific tour will vary based on availability and hours of operation.
Evergreen Escapes is Cascadia’s premier local and sustainable adventure, nature and epicurean tour company that specializes in private and small group, naturalist led escapes in bio-fueled Mercedes Vans and Crossovers. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
- We recommend wearing layers that you can add if there is wind or rain, and remove when there is sunshine. Comfortable walking shoes will allow you to explore further at some of our stops. It’s always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. See more on how to Pack and Prepare.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled departures are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). We try to cater our tours to all ability and interest levels – and this really depends on the group that day. Your Escape artist will choose the difficulty of the physical activity based on the group’s interest and ability level. If you are interested in a different level, we can certainly put together a private itinerary specifically for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding specific questions!
3. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests, we can accommodate vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diets, and often times can also accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Please review our Terms and Conditions for information on changes and cancellations.
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from EverGreen Escapes.
6. Should I tip my guide?
- We take great personal and professional pride in orchestrating rich and memorable adventures for each and every client we engage with, sometimes our clients are inspired to show their appreciation in the form of a gratuity. While gratuities are not an expectation, our guides traditionally receive an amount consistent with the rest of the service industry in the U.S., somewhere between 10% and 20%.
Prefer a private tailor-made adventure for your friends, family or corporate group?
Contact an Escape Artist for a custom tour, morale building adventure, or retreat.
Thank you for Exploring Cascadia with the Local Experts.