Mt. Hood Loop Adventure
All-Inclusive | Private Tour | Available Daily | 8:00am – 6:00pm | Year-Round
The trip from Portland through the Columbia River Gorge and around Mt. Hood offers views of spectacular waterfalls, stream laden walks, historic sites, boutique wineries and breathtaking mountain vistas. Traveling along the Historic Columbia River Highway, opportunities for hiking, splashing, wine tasting and photography abound on this adventurous day-long tour of the Mt. Hood Loop.
You can also call us toll-free at (866) 203-7603
- Embark on interpretative nature walks led by a naturalist guide
- Feel the spray of the 620-ft-tall Multnomah Falls and other waterfalls in the Columbia River Gorge
- Track Lewis & Clark’s historic journey and hear Native American legends of the region
- Taste some of Oregon’s best varietals at two boutique wineries in the Hood River Area (tastings included)
- Reach Mt. Hood’s snowline as late as July!
- Wind up to 6,000 ft. of elevation to tour the historic Timberline Lodge
- Savor a fresh, local lunch in Hood River (included in the price)
- Learn about the explosive natural history and iconic volcanoes of the Cascade Range
- Travel in luxury vehicles
The trip from Portland through the Columbia River Gorge and around Mt. Hood offers views of spectacular waterfalls, walks in pristine wine country, historic sites, and breathtaking mountain vistas. Traveling along the Historic Columbia River Highway, you will have the chance to see a few of over 70 waterfalls, including the second tallest perennial waterfall in the US, Multnomah Falls. Opportunities for hiking, splashing, and photography abound, as trails to, under, and around these natural beauties provide ample access for every kind of adventurer.
As we continue heading east, you may notice a dramatic change in climate and plant life. The wet forests of the coastal Pacific Northwest give way to Garry Oak, Ponderosa Pines, and other more arid vegetation, creating prime growing conditions for grapes.
Nearing the town of Hood River we will embark on a tour of a few local wineries, each one unique and charming in its own way, and of course sample some of the boutique wines found only here in Oregon. Some of the wineries we may visit include Marchesi, Hood River Vineyards, Cathedral Ridge, Wy’East Vineyards and Pheasant Valley. The weather, views, and wines make for an unparalleled vineyard experience.
After our fill of excellent wines, we head toward Mt. Hood, whose snow-capped peak dominates the skyline. Along the way, you can enjoy hikes along rushing rivers and fish-laden streams. We will make our way up the mountain to historic Timberline Lodge, where you can take in the monumental views and read about local legends and pioneering skiers.
After a day of waterfalls, wineries, and mountains, it is back to Portland in time to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city!
Call us toll-free at (866) 203-7603!
How about making it an overnight?
Enhance this experience by making it an overnight Wild and Wine Adventure! After your tour at Mount Hood and the Columbia River Gorge, spend the night in the heart of Portland, and then explore Willamette Wine Country for an exclusive experience tasting some of the best wine of the region!
Full-day Mt Hood Loop Adventure
- Activities | Hiking, wine tasting, nature walks, waterfall viewing, wildlife viewing, birding, ecological & geological sightseeing with naturalist interpretation
- Interests | Geology, wine, waterfalls, glaciology, volcanoes, Columbia River, botany, natural & local history (wildflowers in summer)
- Group Size | Maximum of 10
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Downtown Portland Hotel or the Cruise Terminal
- Highly qualified naturalist Escape Artist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes Vans and luxury SUVs
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- Seasonal Safari Lunch
- Gear and equipment
- Entry fees
- All wine tasting fees
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
- Duration | 10 hours
- All-Inclusive Rate | Starting from $1000 for 2 guests
- Age | No age minimum (21+ for wine tasting)
Call us toll-free at (866) 203-7603!
Evergreen Escapes blends the best natural wonders, boutique wineries, and urban enchantments into small-group day tours and private escapes from Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
1. What should we wear/bring on our escape?
- We recommend wearing layers that you can add if there is wind or rain, and remove when there is sunshine. Comfortable walking shoes will allow you to explore further at some of our stops. It’s also always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. See more on how to Pack and Prepare.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled departures are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). We try to cater our tours to all ability and interest levels – and this really depends on the group that day. Your Escape artist will choose the difficulty of the physical activity based on the group’s interest and ability level. If you are interested in a different level, we can certainly put together a private itinerary specifically for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding specific questions!
3. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests, we can accommodate vegetarian diets and lactose intolerant diets. Often times we can also accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Please review our Terms and Conditions for information on changes and cancellations.
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage.
6. Should I tip my guide?
- We take great pride in orchestrating rich and memorable adventures for each and every client. Sometimes our clients are inspired to show their appreciation in the form of a gratuity. While gratuities are not an expectation, our guides traditionally receive an amount consistent with the rest of the service industry in the U.S., somewhere between 10% and 20%.
Thank you for exploring with the Local Experts.