All-Inclusive | Private Tour
9:30am – 5:30pm | Year-Round | pricing available upon request – call 206-650-5795
Experience the essence of Washington’s wild beauty and independent spirit on this journey to Snoqualmie Falls and Woodinville Wine Country. Start your tour at Snoqualmie Falls where you’ll watch the powerful waters plunge 268 ft. into the river canyon below. The waterfall is nestled in the evergreen forests of the Cascade Mountains, which cut across the state and divide the lush coastal climates of the West from the dry, vineyard-rich regions of the East. Your guide will use these evocative settings to tell stories of Snoqualmie tribe members who lived off these lands and settlers who fought to tame the wild environment with agriculture and logging.
After exploring the Falls, you’ll travel northwest to Woodinville Wine Country for a gourmet picnic lunch and wine tastings at three wineries that deliver on elegance but leave pretense at the door. Learn to sip like a sommelier with a fun lesson on wine tasting techniques and the flavor profiles of different varietals. Meet passionate wine makers and hear the processes used to craft the wine in your glass. Experience Woodinville’s tight-knit community and taste award-winning wines that are rarely found outside of the state. While Washington is the second biggest wine-producer in the country, it only exports 1% of its wine!
From trails to terroir, you’ll come away with an understanding of how Washington wine is intertwined and influenced by its dramatic surroundings and enthralling natural history.
Call us toll-free at (866) 203-7603!
- Hear the roar of the thundering Snoqualmie Falls from the upper and lower viewpoints
- Experience the dense forests and rich history of Central Washington
- Compare tasting notes as you try 4 to 6 wines at each of three Woodinville wineries (tastings included)
- Visit boutique wineries with intimate and relaxed settings, such as Lauren Ashton Cellars, Celaeno, Patterson Cellars, Martedi Winery, and Kestrel Vintners
- Learn about the arts of viticulture, wine making, and wine tasting
- Savor a fresh, family-style lunch (included in the price)
Start your tour with a short drive across Lake Washington and along scenic highway to our first stop and one of Washington’s most breathtaking attractions: Snoqualmie Falls. We’ll experience the 268′ waterfall tumbling into the emerald canyon below and discuss its cultural and economic significance. If the falls look familiar, you may recognize them from the cult tv show, Twin Peaks! In addition to the falls, the surrounding area overflows with mountain peaks, forests, lakes, rivers and streams. Your guide will bring these Northwest environments to life with natural and historical interpretation.
After exploring Snoqualmie Falls, we will make our way through historic farmland to the Woodinville wine region. Once renowned for its numerous dairy farms, including the world-famous Carnation Dairy, the fertile Snoqualmie River Valley remains a highly productive farming community. Many of the farms here also practice organic or other sustainable farming methods. We will spend the remainder of the afternoon savoring local wines in the close-knit wine community of Woodinville .
Along with sharing a common location, all of the Woodinville wineries we visit share the vision of creating world class wine from the finest Washington vineyards. Our wine tasting tour highlights three award-winning boutique wineries in an intimate and relaxed atmosphere. The focus is education and enjoyment as you meet with winemakers, tour wineries and, of course, taste great wine!
We will visit three of these select wineries:
- Made entirely from Northwest grapes, Kit Singh of Lauren Ashton Cellars, is defining the craft of Washington wines. Made in a European style, the winemaker’s chemistry degree creates distinct flavors and deliciously smart wines.
- A small and authentic boutique winery, producing 750 cases per year, Celaeno excels in breaking the normal rules of wine making. Enjoy Okanagan Valley sourced Pinot Noir and wines fermented in oak barrels originating from Hungary, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania.
- At William Church Winery, taste the splendor of Washington wines through their highly rated Viognier, Malbec, and Bordeaux blends. In the ambiance of a working winery, this stop allows you to focus on balance, power, dimension and finesse when wine tasting.
- Kestrel Vintners crafts innovative wines of the highest caliber, showcasing the unique terroir of the Pacific Northwest. Through passion, knowledge and stewardship, their wines reveal masterfully tended vineyards, innovative winemaking techniques, and unrivaled hospitality.
- At Martedi Winery, two brothers make bold wines and operate the working winery on their very own. They feel that Washington State vineyards hold a distinction that is gaining worldwide attention and gives them the opportunity to make unique wines. Their goal is to let each vineyard and varietal guide the resulting wine by letting the grapes display their individual qualities from vintage to vintage.
- Winemaker and Owner, John Patterson, creates approachable wines that reflect the new world style in winemaking. John started Patterson Cellars in the year 2000 and hasn’t looked back, producing 4,000 plus cases of wine each year in the Warehouse Winery District. Wines from the Patterson Cellars portfolio have received 90 plus points from Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast and Wine Advocate, speaking to the quality, consistency and caliber of the wine he creates.
Call us toll-free at (866) 203-7603!
Snoqualmie Falls and Woodinville Wine Tour
- Activities | Guided nature walks, waterfall viewing, photography, wildlife spotting, bird watching, educational sightseeing with naturalist interpretation, wine tasting, private winery tours
- Interests | Local & natural history, waterfalls, sustainability, ecology, geology, botany, viticulture, wine making, and wine tasting
- Group Size | Maximum of 10
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Downtown Seattle Hotel, Cruise Terminal or the Hotel Monaco (1101 4th Ave S)
- Highly qualified Escape Artist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes Vans and luxury SUVs
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- Fresh, family-style lunch
- All tasting fees
- Duration | 8.5 hours
- Difficulty | Easy
- Age 21+
Call us toll-free at (866) 203-7603!
Evergreen Escapes blends the best natural wonders, boutique wineries, and urban enchantments into small-group day tours and custom, private escapes. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
1. What should we wear/bring on our escape?
- We recommend bringing layers that you can add if there is wind or rain, and remove when there is sunshine. Comfortable walking shoes will also allow you to explore further at some of our stops. Finally, it’s always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. See more on how to Pack and Prepare.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled departures are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). The Snoqualmie Falls and Woodinville Wine Tour is one of our least strenuous tours, with easy walking over paved trails.
3. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests. We can accommodate vegetarian and lactose intolerant diets. We can also provide gluten free food when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
Please see our Terms & Conditions.
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from Evergreen Escapes.
Prefer a private tailor-made adventure for your friends, family or corporate group?
Thank you for Exploring with the Local Experts.