All-Inclusive | Private Escape
Private Escapes are available on request for any size group
Private Request Only | 4 hours | Year Round | Price on Request
Surrounded by stunning wilderness and waterways, the Emerald City is defined by its natural beauty and eclectic urban charm and you will get a unique and in-depth perspective by exploring it on the ground and from the air. Depending on your departure, you will either start or end your day soaring high above the city in a Kenmore Air seaplane for unrivaled views of our mountains, waterways and skyline. Then explore Seattle close up as only our naturalist guides can reveal it. Visit iconic landmarks, historic districts, city woodlands, locks, and Discovery Park, the city’s most spectacular natural preserve. Learn the local and natural history, culture and geology of this diverse region, including a sampling of some of our favorite local chocolates.
- Scenic flight in a Kenmore Air seaplane with take off and landing in Seattle’s Lake Union
- Historic Pioneer Square
- Famous Pike Place Market
- Drive up Seattle Waterfront & view Sculpture Park
- Iconic Seattle view from Kerry Park
- Interbay P-Patch/ Community Garden
- Magnolia Bluff and the beautiful Pacific Madrones
- Discovery Park, Seattle’s largest
- The Ballard Locks & Fish Ladder
- Fisherman’s Terminal and the “Deadliest Catch” Boat (when not crabbing)
- Neighborhoods of Bell Town, Queen Anne, Fremont & Magnolia
- Fremont Troll and Rocket
- Sustainability in Seattle
Many Seattleites cite our region’s natural beauty, proximity to outdoor adventures and experiences as their primary motivations for living here. It is because of this that the city has chosen “Metronatural” as its tagline. With some of the World’s most stunning wilderness and waterways surrounding Seattle it is amazing how much wildness survives within the city limits! This fun, educational and informative northwest experience leads you around the city following our “Emerald Necklace” of city parks, woodlands, neighborhoods, locks, college campuses and shorelines. You will have the opportunity to spot for Pacific Northwest birds and wildlife, including expert interpretation of local and natural history, culture, geology, urban ecosystems. Take in the historical Pioneer Square area of old Seattle, learn of the Great Seattle Fire, the Klondike Gold Rush and hear the history of the Space Needle, Smith Tower, Pike Place Market, catch a glimpse of the Olympic Sculpture Park, a nine-acre open and vibrant green space for art!
Enjoy morning or afternoon tea while taking in the iconic views of the city at Kerry Park. Next we drive along Magnolia bluff spying stunning homes and the majestic Pacific Madrones on our way to the 534-acre Discovery Park, the largest park in Seattle! The site is one of breathtaking majesty overlooking Puget Sound and offering spectacular views of both the Cascade and the Olympic Mountain ranges. Enjoy an optional nature walk at the park to view some of the local flora, fauna, wildlife, and birds.
Today your guide will be sure to share few examples of how the city of Seattle is leading in the way in community sustainability. View one of our community gardens located in Interbay and known to locals as our biggest and oldest P-Patch in the city. While in Fremont we make a sweet stop at the only organic, fair trade, bean-to-bar chocolate factory in the USA and sample confections that delight your palate, ignite your imagination and inspire you to think and act sustainably! Come on this urban escape and experience first hand “Metronatural!”
Then head to Lake Union in the heart of Seattle to meet your seaplane! This bustling urban lake is home to restaurants, museums, city parks and lots of floating homes and houseboats including the famous Sleepless in Seattle floating home. Take to the sky in a Kenmore Air Seaplane right from the water, an experience you will never forget. Enjoy twenty minutes of soaring past the skyline and Space Needle, high above the hills and islands that make this one of the prettiest cities on earth (of course we may be a little biased.) Be sure to bring a camera to capture the essence of Seattle from within it and above!
Note, if you select an afternoon departure of the Soar and Explore Seattle tour, your seaplane flight will take place in the beginning of the tour, rather than the end.
Half-day Soar & Explore Seattle Tour
All Year | Price on Request
- Activities | Flight seeing, walking, photography, bird watching, chocolate tasting, iconic and educational sightseeing with historic interpretation
- Interests | Aviation, chocolate, sustainability, local culture, neighborhoods, locks, ecology, geology, botany, local and natural history
- Group Size | Private Escapes are available on request for any size group – timing based on flight departures
- Scenic seaplane flight around Seattle from Kenmore Air**
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Downtown Seattle Hotel (see our pick-up zone here), Cruise Terminal or the Hotel Monaco at 1101 4th Ave, Seattle, WA***
- Highly qualified naturalist Escape Artist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes Vans and luxury SUVs
- Morning tea or coffee and fresh-baked pastries
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
- Duration | About 4 hours
- Season | Year Round
- All-Inclusive Rate | Upon request based on group size
- Age | 6+
Ask about customizing this as a private escape!
** Full name & weight required for each person flying. Please be sure to fill out your contact info during checkout. We will contact you before booking your flight and we will call you within 24 hours of the trip and confirm exact time and location for your pick-up.
***At the end of your tour, your guide will drop you off at Kenmore Air for your flightseeing experience. Transportation from Kenmore Air to your hotel at the end of the flight.
EverGreen Escapes is Cascadia’s premier local and sustainable adventure, nature and epicurean tour company. Specializing in private and small group, naturalist led escapes in bio-fueled Mercedes Vans and Crossovers. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
- We recommend wearing layers that you can add if there is wind or rain, and remove when there is sunshine. Comfortable walking shoes will allow you to explore further at some of our stops. It’s always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. See more on how to Pack and Prepare.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled departures are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). We try to cater our tours to all ability and interest levels – and this really depends on the group that day. Your Escape artist will choose the difficulty of the physical activity based on the group’s interest and ability level. If you are interested in a different level, we can certainly put together a private itinerary specifically for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding specific questions!
3. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests, we can accommodate vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diets, and often times can also accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Please review our Terms and Conditions for information on changes and cancellations.
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from EverGreen Escapes.
6. Should I tip my guide?
- We take great personal and professional pride in orchestrating rich and memorable adventures for each and every client we engage with, sometimes our clients are inspired to show their appreciation in the form of a gratuity. While gratuities are not an expectation, our guides traditionally receive an amount consistent with the rest of the service industry in the U.S., somewhere between 10% and 20%.
Prefer a private tailor-made adventure for your friends, family or corporate group?
Contact an Escape Artist for a custom tour, morale building adventure, or retreat.
Thank you for Exploring Cascadia with the Local Experts.