Seattle, Washington, is a world-renowned destination spot known for its beautiful, natural surroundings, from the sparkling waters of Puget Sound to the towering mountains of the Cascades. If you’re a nature lover, Seattle has a lot to offer!
There are so many options that many people feel overwhelmed when planning their Seattle-based vacations.
Here are a few popular and beautiful natural attractions to get you started:
- Mount Si: Located just 30 miles east of Seattle, this trail is a favorite among locals and visitors.
- Rattlesnake Ledge: This 4-mile round trip trail is located in North Bend, about 30 miles east of Seattle.
- Discovery Park: Located in Seattle, this 2.8-mile loop trail offers stunning views of the Puget Sound.
- Cougar Mountain: This park, located just 15 miles east of Seattle, offers over 30 miles of hiking trails through lush forests and past scenic waterfalls.
- Lake Serene: This 7.2-mile round-trip trail is about an hour northeast of Seattle.
Need Help Planning Your Trip?
Consider booking a tour with Evergreen Escapes if planning your summer vacation overwhelms you. We offer several ways to ensure you have the most memorable trip possible.
At Evergreen Escapes, we love the Pacific Northwest! We have a variety of tours that allow you to escape the crowds and get up close and personal with nature. You won’t have to worry about planning all the details of your trip – we take care of everything, including food and lodging, so you can relax and enjoy the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
Here are some of the best natural attractions in Seattle that you can explore with Evergreen Escapes:
- Olympic National Park: Visit Hurricane Ridge and bask in the sun along the shores of the glacially-carved Lake Crescent or the emerald waters of Lake Quinault. Alongside Lake Quinault, some of the world’s largest trees thrive! Explore the rocky shores of the north or west coast of the Olympic Peninsula and examine the marine life within the tide pools, or gaze across the frigid waters that define our region.
- Mount Rainier National Park: This iconic mountain is visible from much of the Seattle area, but nothing compares to seeing it up close. With Evergreen Escapes, you can take a guided tour of the mountain and its surrounding forests, complete with a visit to a nearby waterfall.
- San Juan Islands: Just a short ferry ride from Seattle, the San Juan Islands are a beautiful and serene destination. With Evergreen Escapes, you can experience the wonders of the most-visited State Park in Washington at Deception Pass. Scan the waters for seals, porpoises, and resident pods of orca whales from the ferry’s deck on our way to San Juan Island. Kayak from the historic Friday Harbor and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch on the beach.
- Mount St. Helens: This active volcano is a fascinating destination for nature lovers. At the Volcanic Monument, you’ll explore the barren landscapes, take a peaceful hike along the Hummocks Trail, or enjoy the serene blue waters of the recently formed Coldwater Lake. At Johnston Ridge Observatory, walk along the renowned Eruption Trail for sweeping views of the blast zone and crater, as well as beautiful purple lupine and other flowers in the mid-to-late summer.
- Washington Wineries: Your tour will begin at the 270-foot-high Snoqualmie Falls, where you’ll witness the powerful water plunging into the river canyon below. This magnificent waterfall is nestled among the giant evergreen trees of the western Cascade Mountains, which divide the lush coastal climates of the West from the dry, vineyard-rich regions of the East. After exploring Snoqualmie Falls, you’ll experience Washington’s viticulture with tastings at three local wineries.
- And much more!
We offer private tours for families and groups and corporate escapes for businesses looking for a unique team-building experience with our knowledgeable and friendly guides, delicious, organic food, and comfortable transportation.