SEATTLE WINE GUIDE POSITIONS FOR 2019
Lead all-inclusive, small-group wine adventures departing from Seattle!
Evergreen Escapes guides lead all-inclusive, small-group (generally 10 travelers or fewer) public & private wine tours and nature adventures that depart from Seattle, WA. We seek guides for the 2019 peak season with the possibility of long-term positions in our growing wine tour program. We operate tours year-round. Our tour volume is highest April through October, during which time we need Part-Time Hourly and On-Call Hourly wine guides to join our team. Our guides work varied schedules that are tailored to their lives & schedules.
We have a lovely team of guides/educators and a few administrators. We enjoy spending our time outside in the great Pacific Northwest and we genuinely care about the travelers that choose to spend their relaxed moments with our team. We work hard to serve travelers and to ensure we’re happy & fulfilled in our shared work lives. We’re looking for teammates that are curious, kind, and open!
• Lead half- to full-day, small-group wine tours in the Greater Seattle area as a solo guide. Training provided.
• Maintain a professional appearance and conduct with all clients, colleagues, and partner organizations.
• Provide interpretive commentary about the Pacific Northwest, wine & wine making, local history, ecology, sustainability, and travel.
• Within first two weeks of hire, must have completed First Aid & CPR certification, in-house driver training, WA Food Handlers permit, and alcohol handling “mixologist” permit (all reimbursed by Evergreen Escapes).
• Safely transport clients in Mercedes vans or SUVs and ensure that clients are picked up on time.
• Resident of Greater Seattle (completely necessary).
• Able to provide 5-star service for individuals from various backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures.
• You must possess strong curiosity, a drive to learn, and a love of people.
• Clean driving record.
• Responsible, independent, creative-thinking, and charismatic individual.
• Comfortable driving 10-passenger luxury Mercedes vans or SUVs in all conditions (including heavily-trafficked city streets and winter roads). Training will be provided.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs/18 kg.
• Pass a Washington State Patrol background check.
• Experience as an educator or interpretive guide.
• Wine sales, tasting room, or seasonal wine production experience.
• Sommelier certification/diploma. Passion for wine is helpful!
• Brewing experience (home or commercial).
• Experience in environmental, outdoor, and/or adventure education.