All-Inclusive | Private Willamette Valley Wine Tours
Year-Round | Daily | 1 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. | Inquire for pricing
Just outside Portland lies Willamette wine country, boasting nearly 400 wineries and tasting rooms. On our half-day Willamette Valley Wine Tours, visit three award-winning wineries that deliver on elegance but leave the pretense at the door. Tour Willamette Valley wineries and taste fine wine, while learning about the art of viticulture from an expert guide and sometimes the winemakers themselves. All tasting fees are included and you’ll clean your palate with seasonal refreshments, and get driven throughout the day in a plush Mercedes van.
- Wine Tasting
- Exclusive Winery Tours
- Local and Natural History
- Luxury transportation
- Naturalist commentary
In the past decade Oregon has become a world-class wine state, with 17 approved wine growing regions (AVAs) and more than 450 wineries producing 72 varieties. Our Willamette Valley Wine Tours feature the most acclaimed boutique wineries in an intimate and relaxed setting. With Evergreen Escapes the spotlight is on more than just the quality of the wine.
On this half day exploration your naturalist guide will enlighten you with the rich ecology of the region, the history of Oregon’s diverse wine country and the fine art of viticulture and sustainable farming. At each stop, your guide will help you explore your palate preferences and provide insight into Oregon’s incredible vintages.
All tasting fees are included in the price!
You will visit 3 different wineries on your tour. Since there are so many outstanding Willamette Valley wineries, our itinerary rotates with departure. Wineries that we may visit on our Willamette Valley Wine Tours include Rex Hill, Lady Hill, Anne Amie, Winter’s Hill, Laurel Ridge, and Stoller!
Enhance this experience with a trip to the wild side!
Pair one of our Willamette Valley wine tours with a visit to one of the area’s acclaimed natural wonders on a Wild and Wine Adventure. Spend the night in between in luxury overnight accommodations in the heart of Portland
Half-day Private Willamette Valley Wine Tours
- Activities | Wine tasting, private and exclusive winery tours and scenic sightseeing
- Interests | Local & natural history, sustainability, ecology, geology, botany, viticulture, biodynamic wine
- Group Size | Maximum of 10
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Downtown Portland Hotel (see our pick-up zone here), the Cruise Terminal, or the Hotel Monaco at 506 SW Washington St.
- Highly qualified naturalist Escape Artist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes Vans and luxury SUVs
- Snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- All entry fees
- All wine tasting fees
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
- Duration | 5.5 hours
- Season | Year-Round
- All-Inclusive Rate | Price varies by season and number of guests
- Age 21+
Ask about customizing this as a private escape!
Evergreen Escapes is a tour operator that blends the best natural wonders, boutique wineries, and urban enchantments into small group day tours and private, custom escapes. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
1. What should we wear/bring on our escape?
- We recommend wearing layers that you can add if there is wind or rain, and remove when there is sunshine. Comfortable walking shoes will allow you to explore further at some of our stops. It’s always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. See more on how to Pack and Prepare.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled departures are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). We try to cater our tours to all ability and interest levels – and this really depends on the group that day. Your Escape artist will choose the difficulty of the physical activity based on the group’s interest and ability level. If you are interested in a different level, we can certainly put together a private itinerary specifically for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding specific questions!
3. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests, we can accommodate vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diets, and often times can also accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Please review our Terms and Conditions for information on changes and cancellations.
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from Evergreen Escapes.
6. Should I tip my guide?
- We take great personal and professional pride in orchestrating rich and memorable adventures for each and every client we engage with, sometimes our clients are inspired to show their appreciation in the form of a gratuity. While gratuities are not an expectation, our guides traditionally receive an amount consistent with the rest of the service industry in the U.S., somewhere between 10% and 20%.
Prefer a private tailor-made adventure for your friends, family or corporate group?
Contact an Escape Artist for a custom tour, morale building adventure, or retreat.
Thank you for Exploring Cascadia with the Local Experts.