All-Inclusive | Small Group Willamette Valley Wine & Waterfalls Tour
Year-Round | Mondays*, Thursdays and Saturdays | 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. | $199.00
|*Monday departures are only available from June 15 – Sep 30|
Our escapes seat a max of 10 | Private Willamette Valley tours are available, please contact us to book
Get the ultimate Oregon experience as you explore the incredible waterfalls of Silver Falls State Park and luscious pinot noirs of the Willamette Valley. Learn how these two Oregon treasures are linked by a fiery natural history while taking to the trails and tasting fine wine with your naturalist guide!
Start your morning in Oregon’s largest state park, Silver Falls. Breathe in the piney scent of an evergreen tree, pick salmonberries in the summer, and get gently misted by one of the Park’s glistening falls. Visit both the North and South Falls, walking with your guide along peaceful nature trails to experience these iconic natural wonders from different angles. Venture along a path that takes you behind the falls, where you can watch the water create a flowing curtain for the cave you’re standing in!
Spend your afternoon tasting pinot noirs and other fine wines in the intimate settings of three boutique wineries. Take in the rolling hillsides and serene vineyards of the Willamette Valley and learn how the terroir of the land influences the wine in your glass! In between tastings, you’ll enjoy Oregon’s culinary bounty with a fresh, local lunch at the Coelho Winery in the rustic town of Amity.
or call us toll-free at (866) 203-7603!
- Embark on interpretative nature walks around and behind waterfalls with your naturalist guide
- Learn how the landscapes of Silver Falls State Park were transformed from coastline to inland forests by millions of years of volcanic activity
- Taste 4-6 wines (tastings included) at each of three boutique wineries, such as Coelho Winery, Samuel Robert Winery, Left Coast Cellars, Winter’s Hill, Fox Farm Vineyards, or Laurel Ridge Winery
- Try the wine that made the Willamette Valley famous – pinot noir
- Experience the arts of viticulture, wine making, and sustainable farming
- Travel through the scenic countryside of the Willamette Valley and hear the natural history of the region
- Savor a local lunch at Coelho Winery in Amity (included in the price)
Start your day in Silver Falls State Park. Made up of more than 9,000 acres of lush temperate rain forest, Silver Falls is often referred to as the “crown jewel” of the Oregon State Park System. Moss and lichen give the environment an emerald glow and a steady stream of precipitation fuels its many iconic waterfalls.
Join your naturalist guide on a walk in the shadow of towering Douglas Fir and Western Hemlock trees as you explore the complex ecosystems that give life to the Park’s flora and fauna. You’ll learn about the fascinating natural history of this land, which endured lava flows and volcanic ash before it blossomed into the forest you see today! And of course we’ll bask in the spray of the many waterfalls that give Silver Falls State Park its name. The erosion of sandstone layers in the cliff sides has created cave-like impressions that let you actually walk behind some of the waterfalls for an unforgettable perspective!
After a morning experiencing the beauty of Oregon’s natural wonders, we’re off to the Willamette Valley for a taste of its culinary bounty and renowned pinot noirs. In the past decade Oregon has become a world-class wine state, with 17 approved wine growing regions (AVAs) and more than 450 wineries producing 72 varieties. On your Willamette Valley Wine & Waterfalls tour, we’ll visit three of the state’s best boutique wineries for an intimate and educational wine tasting experience.
Your guide will enlighten you on the rich ecology of the region, the history of Oregon’s diverse wine country, and the fine arts of viticulture and sustainable farming. At each stop, your guide will also help you explore your palate preferences and provide insight into Oregon’s incredible vintages.
All tasting fees are included in the price!
You will visit 3 different wineries on your tour. Since there are so many outstanding Willamette Valley wineries, our itinerary rotates with each departure. Wineries that we may visit on your Willamette Valley Wine & Waterfalls tour include: Coelho Winery, Samuel Robert Winery, Left Coast Cellars, Winter’s Hill, Fox Farm Vineyards, and Laurel Ridge Winery.
or call us toll-free at (866) 203-7603!
Contact us for a private Willamette Valley Wine & Waterfalls tour!
Willamette Valley Wine & Waterfall Tour
- Activities | Nature walks, waterfall viewing, wine tasting, private and exclusive winery tours, and scenic sightseeing
- Interests | Local & natural history, sustainability, ecology, geology, botany, viticulture, wine making, wine tasting, and biodynamic wine
- Group Size | Maximum of 10
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Downtown Portland Hotel (see our pick-up zone here), the Cruise Terminal, or the Hotel Monaco at 506 SW Washington St.
- Naturalist Escape Artist guide
- Travel in Mercedes Vans and luxury SUVs
- Local lunch at Coelho Winery
- Snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- All entry fees
- All wine tasting fees
- Duration | 9 hours
- Season | Year-Round
- All-Inclusive Rate | $199 per person.
- Age 21+
Ask about customizing this as a private escape!
or call us toll-free at (866) 203-7603!
Evergreen Escapes blends the best natural wonders, boutique wineries, and urban enchantments into small group day tours and private, custom escapes. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
1. What should we wear/bring on our escape?
- Because Pacific Northwest weather can be unpredictable, we recommend wearing removable layers. We also suggest wearing comfortable walking shoes so you can explore further at some of our stops. Finally, it’s always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. You can also view our Pack and Prepare page for more information.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled tours are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). Therefore, we try to cater our tours to all ability and interest levels, which can depend on the group that day. As a result, your guide will choose the difficulty of the activity based on the group’s interest and ability level. If you are interested in a different level, we can also put together a private tour just for you. Don’t hesitate to call us with any questions!
3. Can I have vegetarian / special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests. If we know in advance, we can provide vegetarian or lactose free lunches. We can also typically accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Please review our Terms and Conditions for information on changes and cancellations.
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs if you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection, as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from Evergreen Escapes.
6. Should I tip my guide?
- We take great pride in delivering rich and memorable adventures for each and every client. As a result, some of our clients are inspired to show their appreciation in the form of a gratuity. Tips are not an expectation. However, our guides often receive an amount consistent with the rest of the service industry in the U.S. This amount is between 10% and 20%.
Prefer a private adventure for your friends, family or corporate group?
Contact an Escape Artist for a custom tour, morale building adventure, or retreat.
Thank you for Exploring with the Local Experts.